What is an EDI 943 Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice?
The EDI 943 Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice is an advance ship notice to a remote warehouse indicating the transfer shipment has been made from the manufacturer. EDI 943 is also utilized by manufacturers in order to authorize a warehouse to accept a return from a customer.
How is an EDI 943 Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice used?
The EDI 943 Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice is sent by the warehouse sending the material to the receiving warehouse. After the destination warehouse receives the EDI 943, an EDI 997 (Functional Acknowledgement) is sent back from the receiver to indicate that the EDI 943 was successfully received.
Example EDI 943 transaction exchange:
Because the EDI 943 is sent in response to an EDI 940, you can start to understand the traditional order for this data exchange.
Here is an example of where the EDI 943 fits in within the transaction series:
- First, an EDI 940 Warehouse Shipping Oder is sent by a supplier to a 3PL provider to formally request shipment of goods from a remote warehouse to the supplier's (buyer's) location
- The third-party logistics provider sends the EDI 943 as an advanced shipment notice to a remote warehouse, informing the supplier that a transfer shipment has been made from the manufacturer.
- Finally, the series is completed after an EDI 945 Warehouse Shipping Advice transaction is sent to provide confirmation of a shipment. The EDI 945 informs the trading partner a shipment was made.
EDI 943 Transaction File
Common information in the EDI 943 transaction includes:
Manufacturer of goods
Receiving warehouse ID and location
Order information including item numbers, total quantity, etc.
Here is an EDI 943 Transaction within im电竞体育 Integration Cloud
EDI 943 Specification
This X12 Transaction Set contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Warehouse Stock Transfer Shipment Advice Transaction Set (943) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The transaction set can be used by a depositor or an agent of the depositor to advise the recipient that a transfer shipment has been made. This transaction set provides a receiving location with detail information concerning product being shipped to that location.
Accredited Standards Committee X12. ASC X12 Standard [Table Data]. Data Interchange Standards Association, Inc., Falls Church, VA. https://x12.org/index.php/products/transaction-sets
Modern EDI Services with im电竞体育
Choose the EDI Services package that best fits your business:
1. Create and deploy your own integrations using im电竞体育 's intuitive, self-service design platform.
2. Utilize im电竞体育 's EDI managed services team to design and build your integrations.
3. Blend our EDI expertise and your business knowledge together in any manner that suits your use case.